MIT Dining Committees
House Dining Advisory Group (HDAG)
In fall 2010, dining became a big issue at MIT. I wrote a series of articles about dining.
- Breakfast: Simply Unaffordable - Opinion 10/14/2010
- A Radical Idea for MIT Dining - Proposal 10/16/2010
- Current Position on Dining 11/19/2010 - Opinion
As HDAG was wining down, Baker president Andy Wu appointed my to HDAG in his place. I got thrown out of the last HDAG meeting as the administrators debated if they should let me in.
House Dining RFP Committee
I was the official Baker representative for the RFP committee during sophomore year. I helped to mark up the RFP and visit other school's dining halls, including a 1 day whirlwind trip to Chicago.
- More unrest over new dining plan
- UA seeks to halt new dining plan process In emergency session, students express dissatisfaction at mandatory dining
- Dining evaluation teams conduct site visits
- MIT selects Bon Appétit Management Co. as the House Dining vendor
- Dinner will be served by Bon Appétit
- Video of me on the Meal Plan
House Dining Implementation Group (HDIG)
I tried very hard to get an API for menu information from Bon Appetite.
House Dining Committee (HDC)
During junior year, I severed on the House Dining oversight committee. We helped decide dates of operation, approve special events, and review students' and faculties' concerns.
What I learned
I learned a lot about the management of contractors and the operation of a business while serving on the dining committee.