What it does
This program simulates the Al and Betty problem in IAG 1. You choose how many spins to do and it will simulate it in seconds. You can enter a large number to see what the probability is.
"Al" and "Betty" are playing a game with a spinner. Al has 25% of the board and wins $4 from Betty when the spinner stops on his portion of the board. Betty has 75% of the board and wins $1 from Al when the spinner stops on her portion of the board.
- 360 blocks RAM memory
Push enter to start and press enter at the title screen. Type the number of spins to do Press Enter Wait for results (the rules are displayed while the game is spinning)
- A TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, or TI-84 Plus Silver Edition (Not tested on other versions)
- A cable to connect your calculator to your computer.
- The software to make your computer talk to your calculator. (It should have come with your calculator or cable)
- Free space on your calculator.
- 16,384 blocks for APPS
- 303 blocks RAM for SNAME PRGM
- ~100 blocks RAM for simple PRGMs
- ~500-1000 blocks RAM for complicated PRGMs like games
- Have installed TI-Connect (the software which came with the cable/calculator)
- Download the PRGM "SNAME" which is required to be on your calculator for all PRGMs. APPs like "FERRIS", don't need SNAME.
- Download the PRGM (.8xp) or APP (.8xk) file to your computer. Save it somewhere.
- After downloading, find it on your computer. Right click and hit "Send to TI-Device"
- TI-Connect will open. Choose your calculator and wait for it to transfer. Make sure you have enough free space on your calculator.
Go to [PRGM] scroll to the program's name. Push [Enter] to select it and then [Enter] again to run it. You will see a splash screen. Hit [Enter] to continue.
To exit the program, hit [On] key and push [Enter] or  to quit.
To delete a PRGM or APP, push [2nd] [MEM] . Then push  for a PRGM or [ALPHA] [A] for an APP. Find the one you want to delete and hit [DEL] .
If you are getting the error when you want to run an APP, you don't have enough free RAM memory. You need to archive a PRGM. Do this by hitting [2nd] [MEM]  , finding the PRGM you want the archive, and hit [Enter]. Note you need to unarchive it before you can run it again (Unless you use Mirage or similar OS to run archive PRGMs.)
Note the program might set your calculator in degrees mode, change the graph settings, turn off floating (rounding), and/or overwrite variables. After running the program, make sure your calculator is back the way you want it before doing other things.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||02:33, 16 August 2009||(420 B)||ThePlaz||==What it does== This program simulates the Al and Betty problem in IAG 1. You choose how many spins to do and it will simulate it in seconds. You can enter a large number to see what the probability is. "Al" and "Betty" are playing a game with a s|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)