I am a big fan of a Texas Instruments 83 Plus, a graphing calculator that almost every high school student has. The TI is a great tool not just for math class and games but to learn computer programming. Below are the programs I have written for the TI-83 Plus as well as "How-to Create a TI-83 Plus ROM Image", an exclusive guide to running your TI on your computer.
Note: Most utilities require the program SNAME to be installed.
- Name Intro (Required to Run most Programs)
- Al and Betty Simulator
- Quadratic Formula Root Finder
- Random Card
- Get Key for Programmers
- Get Key Short
- Guess My Rule Game
- Math Practice Game
- Pick Num Game 1.0
- Pick Num Game 2.5
- Pick Num Game 2.7
- Play Pig
- Big Pig Plug-in for "Play Pig"
- Pig Auto-Stop Plug in for "Play Pig"
- IAG 1 Pig HW 15 Simulator
- IAG 1 Pig HW 16 Simulator
- Roll 10 Dice
- Roman Dice (Tali)
- SOHCAHTO Reminder
- Binary Count
- Simple Count
- Perfect Square Count
- Trig Count
- Pi Count
- Rad Count
- Root Count
- Print Out Dots
- A TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, or TI-84 Plus Silver Edition (Not tested on other versions)
- A cable to connect your calculator to your computer.
- The software to make your computer talk to your calculator. (It should have come with your calculator or cable)
- Free space on your calculator.
- 16,384 blocks for APPS
- 303 blocks RAM for SNAME PRGM
- ~100 blocks RAM for simple PRGMs
- ~500-1000 blocks RAM for complicated PRGMs like games
- Have installed TI-Connect (the software which came with the cable/calculator)
- Download the PRGM "SNAME" which is required to be on your calculator for all PRGMs. APPs like "FERRIS", don't need SNAME.
- Download the PRGM (.8xp) or APP (.8xk) file to your computer. Save it somewhere.
- After downloading, find it on your computer. Right click and hit "Send to TI-Device"
- TI-Connect will open. Choose your calculator and wait for it to transfer. Make sure you have enough free space on your calculator.
Go to [PRGM] scroll to the program's name. Push [Enter] to select it and then [Enter] again to run it. You will see a splash screen. Hit [Enter] to continue.
To exit the program, hit [On] key and push [Enter] or  to quit.
To delete a PRGM or APP, push [2nd] [MEM] . Then push  for a PRGM or [ALPHA] [A] for an APP. Find the one you want to delete and hit [DEL] .
If you are getting the error when you want to run an APP, you don't have enough free RAM memory. You need to archive a PRGM. Do this by hitting [2nd] [MEM]  , finding the PRGM you want the archive, and hit [Enter]. Note you need to unarchive it before you can run it again (Unless you use Mirage or similar OS to run archive PRGMs.)
Note the program might set your calculator in degrees mode, change the graph settings, turn off floating (rounding), and/or overwrite variables. After running the program, make sure your calculator is back the way you want it before doing other things.
Pages in category "TI"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "TI"
The following 35 files are in this category, out of 35 total.
- TI GLINK CD84 USB L.jpg
- TI83Plus L.jpg
- Ti83p OS 1.12.8xu
- Ti83p OS 1.19.8xu